Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A crook chook

Not sure quite what caused it, but I've manged to get a naaaasty cold. Blah! I'm meeting up with my buddy Niki from highschool, and her fiancee, Matt, on Friday, hopefully I'll be fully recovered by then. They've been living in England for the past year and I haven't seen them since they left Oz. Looking forward to catching up and showing them a bit of the LA area!

There have been a few pics of Jimmy, and even some of me, posted around on photo websites covering the awards the other night. Apparently the thing airs on Sunday, April 22, on TV Land in the US. Here's a site with a few pics. It was fun to see and hang out with everyone again.

All the bits and pieces I'd ordered for the wedding were waiting for me when I arrived in LA. I'm using this time to get 'em all organised and make the joint decisions Jimmy and I need to do before the wedding. Thankfully, the breakables I transported with me from Brisbane to Taipei to LA all arrived in one piece!! I wrapped them up in layers of newspapers and clothes and hoped for the best.

Had a wedding dress fitting yesterday!! All went well, but I cringed at shelling out even more dough for little necessities like the veil, shoes, alterations, the undergarments... ikkk!! I'm never getting married again!! haha. The dress will be ready for collecting on May 2nd, all wrapped up and ready to take on board the plane.

Gonna go get some orange juice and try to fight this ugly cold. xxx Laura

Pic from Saturday's award show: