Thursday, August 2, 2007

This 'N' That

As I mentioned before, being away at work for 12 hours a day has certainly cut into my social time!!! I’m finally making time to write in my blog and say g’day to all my family and friends who have been so kind to check in. Life has been exciting here, between getting our wickedly groovy china cabinet, extending our bird family by adding a sweet little yellow Harriet II; exploring antique shops looking for the perfect materials to make my parents’ 60th birthday presents since I won’t be able to be there in person to help them celebrate; visiting new places like San Pedro and Solvang aka “Little Denmark”; hosting visitors; dealing with a lack of hot water for 4 days and having to make an emergency hot water shower trip to Jim and Helen’s place (Jimmy’s parents), we’ve been kept pretty busy. Patrick just finished visiting, such the ultimate guest, arrives and gets himself set up with a rental car and awayyyy he goes! So glad he got to see and do as much as he did in his 2 weeks here, including breaking a few hearts here and there, charmer that he is. I’m bummed that I couldn't spend as much time with him as I’d have liked to, dern work. Oh well, the money is certainly nice after months of not working!

I’m really enjoying this new job, pretty interesting, always learning new things, and it can be challenging trying to master the art of not raising an eyebrow when some of your fav stars walk past you. Inside I’m like OHHH Victor Garber!! Lookin’ even better in person! You were so cool in Titanic! And in that Judy Garland thing! Yeahhhhh! But on the outside I’m like ohh hey Victor G, man… yeah… like… whaddup?

Something I noticed this morning was that my bus stop was surrounded by police when I got there, but I didn’t notice it immediately. How could I not notice them??? Because they didn’t look like the police I’m used to! Their uniforms are a brown-ish colour, I think they could be sheriffs, I might have mistaken them as civilians going to work until I noticed all the black police cars everywhere. Then I put two and two together. So be aware just in case you ever need to be on the lookout for police/sheriffs in LA! They blend too easily!

My Aussie cravings shall soon be fulfilled!! Temporarily anyway. I got a call from 97.3FM radio in Brisbane last week asking for a phone interview with me. Odd! I got such a surprise when they rang up, to hear an Aussie voice on the other end... "G'day, 'owzzz it gawwwin'??" Ahh, heaven! So I chatted with them on the air for 10 mins or so about life in LA away from Brissie, what was different, what I was missing, etc. They were particularly interested in the studios and the fact that I was standing right outside the “Lost” TV show writers’ office, ha. Jimmy and Patrick were listening online from home while a whole bunch of the production crew were listening at my desk… I was outside. ‘Cuz I was missing Brissie, ‘cuz I wanted to keep up-to-date with happening in Oz and ‘cuz I was sick of LA radio’s adverts every 5 mins for plastic surgery, I’d been listening to some Brissie stations at Disney, and some of the other production people had commented that they liked 97.3FM in particular. So I emailed 97.3 and told ‘em they were being enjoyed outside of Oz. As a “cheers” for the interview, they’re sending me an Aussie care pack, woohoo!! Full of Twisties, Cadbury, chicken salt, too funny!! But YUM! Oh, and after they interviewed me, they had an interview with Sandra Bullock. But, hey, let it be known that I was first, ya hear?!?! Bwahahahaa.

Anyway, that's all for now, Jimmy and I are going off to a screening of the new Bourne movie... I barely remember the first one and haven't seen the second, but hey, should be fun. Byeee!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww chicken you are so cute like a monkey holding a puppy. I will send a L.E.T.T.E.R your way this week. OMG! no one does that any more right?!?
Matt Damon is so delicious.
Kisses
Evil Eva (or I wish I was)

Sara Pearcy said...

Bummer. I always listen to 97.3 and I missed your interview. :(

Good luck to Harriet II. Hope she doesn't turn out to be a boy... then again, maybe she'll be safer if she's a he. ;)

Yep, Victor Garber has his qualities. I would have struggled to keep a stone face with him walking past. Kudos to you.

When you've been there long enough, I'll organise a care-package for you (after you get through 97.3's).

xx S.