Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Checking in...

Just wanted to give a shout out to anyone who may be out there checking in with me!! My new job has been keeping me busy busy busy... this 12 hours a day working thing is totally cutting in to my social life!!! Haha. Will write more later but just wanted to say that yes, I am alive and well, am enjoying the new job, learning a lot of interesting things, but missing everyone in Oz terribly!!!!

Something that I'm sure evvvvvvvvveryone will be happy to know is that Laura is finally learning to drive!!!!! Again!!!!!! WHOAAAAAAAAAA!!! I started when I was 15 & 16, then decided I'd wait a while. Got my learners at 19 and started to learn again then, but decided to wait a while longer. Now I feel it is a necessity as the buses here are soooo unreliable!!! I sometimes find myself waiting an hour or more for them after work. Highly uncool. And drivers here are whacked. Oh well, if I'm gonna drive, might as well throw myself in the deep end!!

And I'll leave you with this: We have added four cute little budgies to our family about a month ago. We opted for two at first, a boy and girl pair, then decided to get another pair to make 'em a happy foursome. Well, our two boys and two girls didn't work out as planned, as we now find we have four little boy budgies. That's right, FOUR boys. All very cute, but all in need of girls. We always catch 'em trying to shag each other. There is one budgie in particular that is very cuddly and likes to snuggle up and be preened and fed by the others. They all try to shag him. We named him Max Bialystock, after the character in "The Producers" who seduces the old ladies for their monetary sponsorship of his shows. His favourite friend, who we thought was his mate, we named Ulla, Max's long-legged Scandinavian temptress. She turned out to be a boy, too. I don't dare throw a little girl budgie in that cage full of randy boys now!!
And that's all for today. xxx Laura
P.S. Yank tanks... ohhh.... my.... gosh.
P.P.S. "Fluke" is not a common word in the US. Be prepared to translate if you catch yourself using it whilst in Amerikeee.

4 comments:

tjmooney said...

Add five more budgies and you'd have enough for an avian softball team. ;)

Glad you're still alive and well! They don't use "fluke" either? Wonders never cease.

Brock.

Anonymous said...

Good luck driving! Driving itself is fun, relaxing(to me) even! But driving in LA?! I think I'd be terrified or pulling my hair out! Best of luck and don't pull out your beautiful red hair! lol

~Amanda~

Anonymous said...

Howdy Laura!
I am enjoying reading the adventures of your new life. Looking forward to further updates and that the budgies can add a girl to their home without too much of a conmotion.
Kazza

Sara Pearcy said...

Phew.... at least the roads in Brisbane are still safe, with you over there!! :D (Just kidding!)
xx S.