Sunday, July 8, 2007

Woohoo!!

Just wanted to write a quickie to say that I'm now a proud employee of motion picture production at Walt Disney Studios!! I applied for a job there last week, went for an interview and was asked if I'd like to start on Monday as a production accounting assistant. Woohoo!! It's an entry level job, pretty hard to get in to, but once you're in you're in and it's a great foot in the door. I can't believe I applied for just one job and went for one interview and got it. I wasn't planning to start looking for jobs until next week, but when I saw this position advertised I had to give it a go. Soo lucky am I, and kinda proud to say I did it all by my lil ole self, not sure what they saw in me above the others but I'm thrilled. Movie & Television Production, here I come!! xxx Laura

8 comments:

tjmooney said...

Woohoo is right! Congratulations Dahhhlink!!!! Taking over Hollywood one studio at a time!

Brock.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Laura! I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

That's great Laura! Congratulations!! Best of luck on Monday.


Amy

Amanda said...

Well many congrats on your new job! Lucky, you! Make Mr. Walt Disney proud! lol

~Amanda~

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new job. I was a PA intern back in 99 at Warner Brothers and I know that is was hard to land an actual job as a PA. It's a great foot in the door.

Anonymous said...

Well done Laura... I hope that it is a start of something wonderful!!! Love and hugs lee xxoo

Sara Pearcy said...

Huge congrats Laura. I hope the new job takes you where you'd like to go!!

First go, too. What a champ!
xx S.

Anonymous said...

Hurraahh!!! Absolutely fantastic news dude! Well done :D xoxo